Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Peter Wong Photography

Peter Wong, know especially for his professional work shoot the great golf courses of the world, has redesigned his website. "I have a newly designed website which is easier to navigate for both viewers and myself." It is important to have a well made site and Peter's is a great example.

http://peterwongphotography.com/

Stealing directly from his website:

About Peter Wong


Photography has been a passion for me since paging through a National Geographic magazine that my mom brought home. In 1969 I left the country of my birth, Malaysia, landed in Minnesota to further my education at the University of Minnesota and the College of St. Scholastica. After receiving a Bachelors degree, a moved to Minneapolis, time spent gathering knowledge on all aspects of photography - from working at a photography lab and as a "gopher" for prominent photographers - got me started as a commercial photographer in 1980. My clients were local and national advertising agencies and Fortune 500 corporations. I developed a second passion in trying to hit a little white ball, straight. As I learned the game of golf, I realized that golf courses were beautiful landscapes in itself, whether I drove the ball to the middle of the fairway or deep into the woods. With strokes of both luck and fate (no pun intended), I started photographing golf courses for resorts and private clubs, in Minnesota, Nationally and Internationally. As I got better at the game, my creativity in capturing the golf holes kept pace. My images were best describe by a client of mine as "a beautiful landscape image that happens to have a golf hole in it".

Awards:

  • The Curator's Best of Show award at the, Academy of Golf Art 1st annual Juried Show in May 2005, at the Jack Nicklaus Museum in Columbus, OH.
  • Best of Show in photography award at the, Academy of Golf Art 1st annual Juried Show in May 2005, at the Jack Nicklaus Museum in Columbus, OH.
  • Series of 5 posters for PAR-AIDE golf products: At The Show 2008 (Minnesota) Gold, silver and bronze awards for photography and series., a bit more about Peter Wong just in case you haven't had the pleasure of meeting him.....

No comments: