Sunday, September 9, 2012

Rollog, MN Labor Day - and the E-M5

I took these at Rollog, MN at the Western Minnesota Steam Thresher Reunion, held every year during the Labor Day weekend. I used the new Olympus Micro Four Thirds OM-D E-M5, and its so-called 'kit lens' the OLYMPUS M.12-50mm F3.5-6.3. The Rollog event is huge, and a great opportunity for photographers. The last time I went to the event it was the opening shoot for my Canon 5D classic and loved the images I got. And I loved the 5D. This time it was the opening shoot for my Olympus E-M5 with equally great images. I love the E-M 5. What camera companies have been able to do since my last trip is nothing less than amazing. I read the camera blogs, I read the forums, I read the reviews. So many wishes, so many complaints by user after user. Yet look at what we have - a tiny little box with an array of glass stuck on the front that captures such amazing light, such beauty. All I can say is WOW - and thank you to Canon, to Nikon, to Olympus, to Sony, to all the guys in the back rooms who design these little beauties. In spite of our demands and our complaints, we love your work. Keep it up.
 
 

 

No comments: