Monday, January 14, 2013

Exhibition of Photographs by member Marjorie Carr

Special Event
The OLLI Artists Special Interest Group is proud to announce a reception for the Exhibition of Photographs by member Marjorie Carr on Friday January 25th from 2 to 4 pm at the McNamara Alumni Center classroom 235. OLLI members and friends are invited to attend. There will be a harpist, Diane Gilbertson, who will provide music during the reception. The exhibit will be on display from January 22nd to March 1st. Funds from the work exhibited that is for sale will be donated to the “Grandmothers Circle” which is a charity earning money through art work for grandmothers in Kenya.

Marjorie is a superb photographer as all who have seen her work in previous group exhibits of the OLLI Artists would agree. The exhibit will include over 40 photographs of her work. Marjorie has issued the following statement in anticipation of the exhibit:
“The symbolism of January being a time for looking back and also forward had not originally occurred to me when I agreed to this exhibit. Having proceeded with the project I find it is true. I am looking forward to learning new technology as well as enjoying new photographic experiences. And as Joseph Campbell said "not seeing new things but seeing things new". The images I have chosen represent a photographic journey of a very short time frame as well as happenstance I have met along the way. Not only is photography and technology rapidly changing but I hope I am making changes as well and I am anxious to learn other ways to make good art (and mistakes) during my encore years. I look forward to the photography years ahead and the journey within.”

If you are interested please email the office at olliregb@umn.edu your intent to attend. We would like you to email us your intent so that the office can better coordinate the event details. This event will be an open house and all are welcome!

No comments: